animal association

From the moment I met my great looking husband, Jeremy, I associated him with a rottweiler...
I went through a phase that lasted about four years (well, four years is more of an era)... ok... I went through an era that lasted about four years during which I associated almost everyone I met with an animal. Not sure where it started, but it became a bit of an obsessive/compulsive habit. I learned pretty quickly to keep these associations to myself, of course. Calling your Spanish teacher a muskrat is a mistake you're not likely to repeat.
I still do the animal association thing. But not with as much regularity. Every so often I'll meet someone that looks strikingly like a particular animal and it's cause for a good thirty seconds of amusement in my head. Another lesson I've learned (the hard way) is to never tell people I play the animal association game. Reason being the inevitable next question is always, "and what animal am I?" Do you lie and tell them they're a racehorse or do you come clean and admit that they're an ostrich? It's an awkward position I'd rather not have to be in.
Now anyone can play this game. But understand that it does take skill - an ability to immediately notice the nuances of a person's features... the curvature of the lips, the length of the neck, the slant of the eyes, the shape of the head. It also takes a broad knowledge of the animal kingdom to play the game well (thanks Dr. Goff my animal bio prof). You can only associate so many people to a chipmunk before the game starts getting old.
I had some great pictoral examples ready... but can't figure out how to get the *#@% bloggerbot to attach more than one picture to a post. Ah well.


1 Comments:
andrea. i just wanted to tell you that i have indeed come to terms with being an ostrich. and this blog comment, being my first public admission, is really great for the whole therapy process. in all honesty, i got a few pictures back recently, where my eyes were ridiculously evident, and i thought to my self, "andrea is right - you are an ostrich". which is ok, because it could have been worse - i have a friend who is a hippo afterall.
Post a Comment
<< Home