Coming up for air
I'm coming out of hiding... but only to to poke my head up and look for my shadow.Groundhog day is February 2nd (tomorrow). And tradition says that when the groundhog comes out of his hole and sees his shadow, he regards it as an omen of six more weeks of bad weather and returns to his hole. However, if the day is cloudy and, hence, shadowless, he takes it as a sign of spring and stays above ground.
I've been on 'strike' from blogging by accident... and then eventually on purpose... for quite some time now (about a month and a half). I'm not sure why, but these may be some contributing factors:
1. Any meaningful thoughts I've been having lately are too personal to put out there on the world wide web.
2. Any thoughts that are appropriate for public consumption are trivial - empty calorie kinda stuff.
3. I have no idea who reads this blog anyway and so sometimes I ask... what's the point?
4. I'm a slow writer and so what should take me minutes to type and publish sucks up entirely too much time.
So, I'm checking to see if I can see my shadow. Am I ready to jump back into blogging (it is, afterall, a big commitment), or will I snuggle back into my anonymous retreat?


8 Comments:
I read 'em!
I read. Not like you didn't already know that. :) I check in all the time, just to see what thoughts you have to share. Your reasoning for not writing is understandable, but I sure love it when you do.
I left you a message, but just the same, happy birthday! :)
Takes me forever too, but you really do write interesting posts. I hope school's going well for both of you.
Ryan
i'm here. i'm reading. but as far as animal association in my head goes, i don't think i would peg you as a groundhog.
I read, at least every week. And I usually like it a lot.
I'm not sure why I blog regularly. Probably for reasons that are too personal for the world wide web. :)
For the love, keep posting. ;-) If this was a tricky attempt to garnish encouragement and affirmation from your readership...well, it worked. We love you and of course we want to hear what you think. Even on the empty-calorie topics!
Keep blogging...I love reading anything that you write! Miss you my friend!! Come visit!
Ok - I feel a little sheepish because I didn't intend (on a conscience level anyway) for this to be a "tricky attempt to garnish attention." But, thankyou for the encouraging words. And as you can see I've added a few posts since this one... so I'm back on the wagon (or is it off the wagon?).
Post a Comment
<< Home