Sunday, August 19, 2007

the ants go marching one by one... hurrah, hurrah

We have an unbelievable ant infestation. It's like the Egyption plagues, my friends. As soon as we spray the 500 ants teaming in that corner of the kitchen, another 750 have congregated in this area of the living room. We can't seem to kill them fast enough - there's just an endless supply. A few minutes ago I was sitting on my couch, reading a book, minding my own business. I felt an innocent tickle at the edge of my scalp and reached up to find a black, beady-eyed booger crawling out of my HAIR and across my forehead. HELP! Anyone know some surefire secrets for killing and repelling ants?

6 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Jaena said...

Terro - thick, liquid "stuff" they take back to the nest that kills the whole tribe. That or Orkin (but it's expensive).

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

We had the exact same problem while living in Wilmore. We woke up one morning to find a huge trail weaving through our cabinets, over the counter tops, up the walls...it was insane - out of nowhere!!
We called our landlord and they had to come and spray all around our duplex a few times. I also made sure that Rubbermaid's business increased and kept every single thing (sugar - no more pretty sugar bowls with innocent lids, bye bye cereal boxes, no more breadbox -bread went in the fridge...) was kept in a tight TIGHT container.

We also found out it's a huge problem in buildings and homes all over that area. Ants like Wilmore...

Good luck!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

P.S. I'm not a fan of pesticides in the kitchen or with having little wee ones - so we did without and seemed to get rid of them by spraying from the outside.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Josh Jackson said...

We used to have that problem as well. They can be really tough to conquer.
The only way to get rid of your ant problem, and I mean the ONLY way, is that you move. To LA.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Wilmore is ant infestation central. We have the same problem. The kids have heard me warn them so often about not dropping crumbs on the floor that Micah and Elijah have become the drip and crumb police, "Mommyyyyy, Isaiah's popsicle dripped next to his chaiiiirrrrr!!!" Anyway, I will second the Terro. We only put it out at night and it definitely helps. We also filled a couple of cracks in the bricks next to windows and doors with caulking... just look for the source of the marching line. Good luck!!!

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Matt Guthrie said...

Hi Andrea,

I got here via Josh & Laura's blog. I too experienced the great ant invasion while in Wilmore almost ten years ago. I guess some things never change!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home