Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Seven Years


Look at us... 7 years and we've still got it goin' on! Oh yeah, baby :).

We celebrated 7 years of marital bliss last night. Our anniversary was actually Sunday, but we celebrated it Monday (gotta take advantage of free childcare when you've got it!). We enjoyed the change of scenery and the private conversations without interruption or distraction. One of our favorite things to do together is to dream, and we were able to do some of that. In many ways, we're different people than we were when we tied the knot... but we love each other more than ever (sounds cliche, I know). Sometimes I look at him and think "who are you? you're not the guy I married!" But it's (usually :)) with a sense of thankfulness and awe. I think without realizing it, he constantly surprises me in big and small ways.

I sat across from Jeremy at dinner last night and thought... "man, I really love this guy!" But more than that... I really like him too. And more than that, I like us. When we got married it was just Jeremy and Andrea - two seperate entities with an 'and' denoting association. And there is still just Jeremy and just Andrea. But there's this third dynamic too, it's jeremyandandrea (for correct pronunciation, say it really fast). The two of us partnered together (partners in love, in parenting, in ministry, in paying bills, in making supper) become this unquantifiable dynamic that is really good too.

Plus, he's really good looking :).

8 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Josh Jackson said...

A couple of notes:

1. I really enjoyed the smiley face within the parentheses - that takes guts.

2. Can I copy and paste this post for my 7th anniversary next year?

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Jaena said...

You are a great couple: by that I mean great looking and you "go" great together. Happy Anniversary you two!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger pk said...

So PUMPED you're posting regularly! How sweet is that? Now brother-who-misses you gets a little something to tide things over till family vacation ;-)

Oh, and by the way...I think you guys are pretty great together too. Happy 7th.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger pk said...

Just had a thought. It'll be 2014 when I have my 7th anniversary. Wow, you guys have been married a loooooong time!

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww! Andrea, that was so sweet. You guys are an amazing couple and have been an amazing example to me of what marriage should look like. We love you guys so much! Happy anniversary!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

You guys are so cute:) Happy Anniversary!!
-Lynnette

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys! This was such an uplifting post to read! I always love to hear about the wonderful and loving ways of the husbands that either are my friends or married my friends, but what REALLY thrills me is knowing that they're also just plain NICE to their wives on a daily basis! Don't underestimate that treasure! I know there are many people in difficult situations who respond in various ways to other people's happiness, but I find testimonies like this to be a great personal encouragement... for numerous reasons. I'm so happy that you have each other! (and just for the record, I never would have expected anything less from you, Jeremy - you're a gem!)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger R.S. said...

Hey Andrea,
just found your blog and read a good chunk of it. congratulations on 7 years! Oneness is a beautiful thing...for sure.

Also, you mentioned marital bliss...what else could you possibly have w/ a guy as good looking as Jeremy? ha ha.

hope vacation is going well--

 

Post a Comment

<< Home