Asbury College Revival
Not sure if it was curiosity or the Spirit's prompting that caused me to head over to Asbury College's chapel on Wednesday. I had heard that the college experienced an amazing chapel on Monday and students stayed after to continue worshipping - but nothing more. Wednesday afternoon my dad called, having received an email report about revival breaking out on Asbury campus. So, about ten minutes later when I heard Macy rocking and squawking - awake from her nap - I put our shoes and coats on and headed over. I have to admit, I felt a little sense of trepidation. Not sure why... maybe I was afraid God might actually change me. Maybe I was afraid of stepping into uncomfortable fanatacism. Maybe I was worried about bringing an active, talkative baby into a chapel. But I still went.Macy and I watched and worshipped for a little over an hour. "Is it a revival?" That was someone's question later that day. I don't know and I don't really think it's an important question. At least not yet. Time will tell - some say an entire generation of time. All that matters to me right now is that I experienced God's persuasive presence and Macy did too - to the extent that a one year old is able to experience God (probably far more than we might imagine).
For more details about what's happening at Asbury read these articles written Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. If you've only got time to read one I suggest Tuesday's article.


1 Comments:
Funny what qualifies as a revival. Not to discount this, but a "revival" is usually described by church-goers as extended happenings in a confined meeting place. Yet the Scriptures seems to describe it more in terms of explosion happening outside the holy circles.
Of course, it has to start some where. Maybe we'll just believe the best and pray for the incredible.
Post a Comment
<< Home