Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My Mantra


"Two weeks from today... I might be feeling okay."

This is my theme song these days. It was at about week 14 that my morning (aka all day, as long as I'm awake) sickness subsided. So that's what I'm banking on this time too.

Last week some time I started thinking, "am I going crazy? Am I making this up?" I kindof live in this shroud of nausea but it's not like I can ACT nauseous everywhere I go because - well - that's just not a way to live for two months. So, you learn to lead a double life. The REAL me that is surviving and the PUBLIC me that is fine. When you live double like that for long enough you start getting confused about what's real and what's not.

Anyway - a moment of clarity came in the form of saliva. Yes, it's true. I get a strange first trimester pregnancy symptom which includes absolute buckets of saliva in my mouth constantly. It's like someone turned a faucet on in there and I can't swallow fast enough. So, I was searching online to figure out what causes this uncommon symptom and, while no-one could answer that question - I did learn that this annoying symptom almost always accompanies moderately-severe to severe nausea.

Okay. I'm not making it up. I can go on living double with sanity... for two more weeks!

10 Comments:

At 2:40 AM, Blogger pk said...

Despite the word on the street, I've heard several times now that the pregnancy can be a lot more brutal than the delivery.

I hope you feel better . . . tomorrow.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Krista M. Vickers said...

honestly, being pregnant is cool and it absolutely SUCKS. i'm on week 37 now and I keep thinking - "Anytime, Jesus. Anytime..." hopefully Maci will be a trooper for you when you're at week 37.
Love to you!

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's my mantra, too. Well, sub two weeks for three, ugh.

When exactly is your due date?

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

hope your feeling better soon:)

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Jaena said...

The fun part is coming, Andrea! I guess pregnancy is a sandwich: the "bad parts" of feeling sick and the pain of labor (unless you get the epidural, of course) on the outside and the "good parts" of feeling the baby kicking and being full of energy (for a bit) on the inside. Wish this part was shorter for you...praying it will be this time around.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Jess said...

I thought storks brought babies??!!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Keith Drury said...

(I've been quoting your mantra for about two years now) ;-)

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Jennie said...

Congrats...I think. When I'm not pregnant I say it's the best thing ever. However, during pregnancy...I scream, "what was I thinking?!" Macy will be such a great big sis!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Jaena said...

It's been two weeks...do I hear a new mantra of "I'm glad it's over" yet?

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Jaena,
not feeling any better yet. but my strategy has shifted. Instead of fighting the throwing up, I welcome the fifteen minutes of postj-puking relief that follows. Hopefully it'll all be over soon! Thanks for checking back and asking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home